Wednesday 16 March 2016

My Cowboy Builder - How He Cheated on Plastering

I needed a plasterer and my builder said I'll do one wall as a sample free of charge and if you like it I'll do the whole house with a good price.

The sample was amazing, great quality, smooth finish, brilliant; I was impressed and said yeah let's go ahead.

After few days I realized the quality has degraded and the surfaces are becoming more bumpy and rubbish.

Basically what he had done was to do the initial sample with a good plasterer then some of the remaining walls with another junior plasterer and paying him peanuts to save money!

I complained and said you're cheating and I didn't agree with such rubbish quality and only the quality of the initial sample so I won't pay you for this. Do not bring your junior plasterer again because it'll cost you more as you'll have to redo it.

... after some time and naggings, he agreed.

No comments:

Post a Comment